Monday 11 May 2015

12) Film contact sheet experiments






I tried experimenting with splitting the contact sheet across multiple sheets of paper. I think it would work better if my strips were longer and they didn't fit to the paper as well as they do. (3x5 images) half a photo going off the edge and being on the next sheet would look a bit more natural and less cramped. 



With this one I chose a set of 3 images from each strip that were next to each other to print. I felt this looked alright but it was still a bit plain and didn't really add anything different to the piece.


I tried a similar approach to the previous one but this time I organised them a bit more sporadically to try and make the arrangement look a bit more natural and unorganised.



With this contact sheet I make hands were still a bit wet when arranging the strips and then the water made the contact sheets stick to the plastic a bit and created this ghostly white effect. I really liked this effect but maybe as something to experiment with on it's own, I felt it was too distracting and distorts some photos a lot and some not at all.


With this one I wanted to experiment with the shape of the canvas. I also sprinkled water over the plastic sheet which gives the infectious chemically look over the contact sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment